The Cantonment Boards are ‘bodies corporate,functioning under the overall control of the central government and under the provisions of the Cantonment Act ,2006.
Half of the members of the Cantonment Boards are elected .The Station Commander is the President of the Cantonment Board and Chief Executive Officer-an officer appointed by Union Government.
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Executive Officer is an officer of Indian Defence Estates Service cadre of Civil Services and works under the administrative control of Director General, Defence Estates, Govt. of India, Ministry of Defence.
This website is an attempt by the Cantonment Board to provide recent news,information to the residents of the cantonment and at the same time promoting tourism in Kasauli.
The website has several useful features like online complaints, enquiry, feedback etc. For solving day to day problems of basic services like water supply, sanitation, street lighting, health and schooling, the contact officials have been provided alongwith the contact number in Contact Us page to attend the problems .It is expected that launch of this website shall be of great help to the common man of the cantonment and Cantonment Board shall also benefit from the inputs/suggestions given by the viewers of this which shall help it remove its deficiencies and improve its working.
Duties Of Chief Executive officer
- To exercise all the powers and perform all the duties conferred or imposed upon him by or under this Act or, any other law for the time being in force;
- prescribed the duties of, and exercise supervision and control over the acts and proceedings of, officers and other employees of the Board, other than medical officer in-charge of the Cantonment general hospital or dispensary;
- be responsible for the custody of all records of the Board;
- arrange for the performance of such duties relative to the proceedings of the Board or of any committee of the Board or of any committee of Arbitration constituted under the Cantonments Act, as those bodies may respectively impose on him;
- comply with every requisition of the Board on any matter pertaining to the administration of the cantonment.
no images were found